- About Us
- Office of the President
- Office of the Provost
- Office of the Vice President, Administration
- Office of the Assistant Provost
- Office of the Registrar
- Office of Budget and Finance
- Office of Business Development and Administration
- Human Resource Management Department
- Office of Public Information
- Department of Information & Communications Technology
- Department of Public Safety
- Find us on Social Media
- UB News
Closure of the University by Office of Public Information
The University of Belize has activated its Hurricane Plan.
Due to the potential threat of Tropical Storm Ernesto to further strengthen to a Hurricane later today, the University will be closed tomorrow for business operations on Tuesday August 7, 2012.
Deans, Directors, Chairs, Physical Plant Supervisors and other unit heads are requested to
take necessary precaution in securing vulnerable equipment in offices, labs, workshops and
classrooms, and ensure facilities for which they are responsible are secured prior to
departing their respective offices at the end of the working day in accordance with your
As stated in previous email, a Hurricane warning Red II has been issued for the entire coast of Belize by the National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO).
You are urged to listen for public advisories issued by the National Emergency Management
Organization (NEMO) and by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports via radio and
Thank you and be safe!