The University of Belize is looking for a new President who shall be charged with providing strategic leadership for Belize’s leading tertiary institution over the next five years.
The University of Belize is looking for a mature, highly-motivated, forward looking, and inspirational person to fill the key leadership position of President. The ideal candidate will possess a highly developed understanding of academic values and culture, and an appreciation for scholarship and academic excellence. He/she should have a clear understanding of the role the National University should play in Belize’s national development, and he/she should have an equally clear plan to ensure that UB delivers upon its central role as an important driver of Belize’s national development. The President must be an experienced professional who is expected to always champion the principles and core values of UB and provide moral and intellectual leadership on campus. He/she must be a well-respected thought leader on the national level.
Minimum Requirements for Candidates
- Will preferably possess an earned doctoral degree from an accredited institution;
- Will preferably possess at least seven (7) years of senior leadership/administrative experience in business, public service, or a regional multilateral institution with a demonstrated progressive record of achievement;
- Will preferably possess a demonstrated ability at resource mobilizations;
- Will be able to demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively and effectively with both internal and external constituents; and
- Will possess excellent analytical, organizational, strategic management skills.
Belize’s official language is English, but a working knowledge of Spanish and other languages would be an asset.
- Impeccable integrity;
- A people-centered approach to leadership and demonstrated ability to develop strategic partnerships.
- Proven leader and skilled manager with an inclusive leadership style who will empower faculty, staff and students to think creatively;
- Ability to inspire trust and confidence, while building internal consensus;
- Ability to interact effectively with organizations as the face and voice of the University, attracting needed resources and acting as the advocate for the institution’s mission to drive national development; and
- Ability to work in a non-partisan way with all stakeholders.
Compensation and Terms of Engagement
The President will be engaged on contract for a period of five years. Compensation and terms of engagement will be competitive with those for similar posts held at universities in the region.
Candidates should include a cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, and copies of relevant degrees and certificates. To expedite the applications process, candidates are asked to include the names, addresses, and electronic contact information (including telephone numbers) of five (5) referees, including from previous work-related supervisors, staff members of accredited universities, and from senior lecturers in such institutions who possess direct knowledge of candidates’ capacities. The submission of names of referees will be viewed as authorization from candidates to contact the identified referees.
Queries may be addressed to: [email protected]
For More information About the University of Belize: www.ub.edu.bz
Applications To Be addressed to
Major Lloyd Jones (Ret’d) MBA, MSc.
Board of Trustees
Head of the President’s Selection Committee
University of Belize
Belmopan City, Cayo District
Belize, Central America
Email: [email protected]