The Department of Human Resource Management is managed by Mrs. Caryn Guerrero.
Mrs. Guerrero holds a Master’s degree in Business Management with merit from the University of Anglia Ruskin in Chelmsford, England. She is an experienced, results-oriented professional with over 19 years of theoretical and practical knowledge in Marketing, Accounting, Project Management, Business Development, Management Consultancy, and Human Resources.
Her scope of expertise in the strategic human resource department lies in developing and implementing performance management systems, career development, and mapping, learning and development programs, workload streamlining by eliminating redundant processes, job evaluations, and job description improvements for a complement of 600 employees both at the management and general staff levels.
Mrs. Guerrero’s office is located at the Administration Building at the Belmopan Campus. She can be reached at email [email protected] or via telephone at extension 201.
The Human Resources Department of the University of Belize provides overall policy direction on human resource management issues and administrative support functions related to the management of all University employees. It is instrumental in providing quality HR Services that enhances the University’s ability to attract, develop, motivate and retain a diverse workforce. Fundamentally, HR is committed to:
- Recruiting qualified individuals.
- Retaining valuable employees.
- Creating a cost effective, comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits program.
- Ensuring a high performance culture by providing professional and personal development, training, and continuing education to employees to promote individual success and increase overall value to the organization.
- Providing a safe and healthful working environment that welcomes and values the diversity of our employees.
- Establishing, administering and effectively communicating policies, rules and practices that treat employees with dignity and equality while maintaining compliance with the labor laws of Belize.