JOIN OUR TEAM
Vacancy Exists for the Post of Human Resources Director
Summary of Responsibilities
The Director of Human Resources reports to the President of the University and engages with the Offices of the Vice President, the Deans, Directors and Chairs of the University. The Director is also the point person for liaising and engaging with the recognized Union in the University on all IR matters. The key role of the Director is to provide overall strategic human resource leadership and Industrial Relations functions of the University of Belize and to also demonstrate exemplary management of these functions.
Job Responsibilities Major responsibilities include the following:
- Strategic leadership and direction for the University, so as to ensure that the Human resources of the University are aligned with the needs of the various functionary Offices and consistent with the University’s Transformational Plan.
- Planning, administering and managing a full-scope HR program including staffing, recruitment, classification and employee compensation, employee contracts, performance evaluations, merit promotions, including developing strategic planning goals for the University.
- Providing expert advice and input to the University’s leadership, faculty and staff including developing options and recommendations to resolve difficult HR matters and complex employee and industrial relations problems.
- Leading negotiations, monitoring execution, grievance procedures and appeals, contract administration, employee discipline and related matters.
- Monitoring and evaluating HR programs to ensure they comply with the applicable laws, rules or regulations of Belize and are compatible with the University’s mission and strategic planning goals and its HR policies and programs.
- Embracing and leading change in a proactive manner, with the sensitivity to the interrelationships between and among different organizational stakeholders and to the management relationships within the University. Ensuring a good and healthy industrial relations climate within the University, driven by best practices in HR and IR.
- Leading and managing the HR Office including its staff, assigning duties and measuring performance, planning and executing the approved budget, delivering training functions, managing the health insurance scheme, gratuities and pensions, loans, recognition and awards together with overall staff engagement programs.
Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Labour Relations or Industrial Relations, together with proven experience as an HR Director/Manager for an organization with large numbers of employees.
- Knowledge of the Labour Laws of Belize and good industrial relations practices
- Contract management, compensation and administration
- Records maintenance
- Performance measurement and monitoring
- Health Insurance and Pension schemes
- Conflict resolution and mediation
- Knowledge of compensations schemes, rewards and recognition
- Experience in collective bargaining agreements
- Ability to supervise and train employees to support the work of their Departments, including organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments
- Negotiation skills
- Multitasking skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
Commensurate with the level of qualification and experience.
Interested Persons are Invited to Apply And View Full Job Descriptions:
Online: https://www.ub.edu.bz/work-at-ub/ | Email: [email protected]
Please upload a cover letter, curriculum vitae, the names and addresses of three referees (including present or past employers and work colleagues), transcript of highest degree, copies of relevant degrees and certificates, and a valid police record.
Queries may be addressed to:
Deadline to Apply
October 15, 2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.